Your Program Will be Affordable
WGU Tennessee is committed to affordable education. Unlike other colleges and universities, our students aren’t charged by course or credit hour. WGU Tennessee terms are billed a flat-rate tuition fee based on terms. Each term is six months long and can begin on the first day of the month following your enrollment.
Tuition Rates and Fees (per term):
As of September 1, 2012
|Nursing Programs MSN and BSN:||$3,250 per term|
|Business and Health Master’s Programs:||$3,250 per term|
|Business and Health Bachelor’s Programs (excluding nursing):||$2,890 per term|
|Information Technology Programs:||$2,890 per term|
|All Teachers College Programs:||$2,890 per term|
|Resource Fee:||$145 per term non-refundable|
|Application Fee:||$65 non-refundable|
Note: WGU Tennessee’s application fees are used to compensate for a small portion of admission and enrollment costs. WGU Tennessee does not profit from their payment. WGU Tennessee charges a $145 Resource Fee each term. This fee helps cover your use of the online library, e-textbooks, and many other learning resources. With few exceptions, required textbooks are available as e-textbooks, so you won’t have to purchase hard copy textbooks.
(For select programs)
- Science Lab Fee: $350 (one time)
Applies to students seeking a bachelor or graduate science degree that requires a home science lab. This one-time fee will be billed separately in concordance with your first term’s tuition.
- Consolidated Nursing Program Fee: $350 (one time)
Individuals pursuing a nursing degree will be assessed a one-time charge per degree (billed separately along with the first term's tuition). This one-time fee covers any and all additional expenses related to nursing coursework. These can include lab work, third-party exams, and selected learning resources.
- Demonstration Teaching (student teaching) standard fee: $1,000
Individuals enrolled in a Teachers College program that includes student teaching must pay a $100 application fee per cohort, plus a $900 demonstration teaching cohort fee prior to their in-classroom teaching practicum.
- Educational Leadership Practicum: $1,000 (one time)
Individuals in the Educational Leadership Endorsement Preparation program or the master of science program will be assessed this fee upon enrollment in the practicum course(s).
Note: Other fees may apply as programs are updated. WGU Tennessee will notify our students accordingly.
How Flat-Rate Tuition Works
WGU Tennessee students can take comfort in our flat-rate tuition fees. Each student is billed at a flat rate for full-time enrollment regardless of attempted Competency Units (CUs). Full-time enrollment for undergraduates is considered to be 12 CUs and 8 CUs for grad students.
We want you to pay for your time rather than individual CUs (i.e., credits). Regardless of the number of CUs attempted during each term, your tuition will still be billed at the same affordable flat rate.
- All coursework attempted and completed, as well as most learning resources, but excluding hardcopy textbooks, which are listed in the student’s personalized Degree Plan. (With few exceptions, required textbooks are available as e-textbooks, so you won’t have to purchase hard copy textbooks.)
- All assessments (subject to guidelines for individual assessments and the number of "re-takes" allowed).
- Ongoing, personalized support from Student Mentors and Course Mentors.
Note: Tuition does not cover some selected other materials or special fees required for some courses and degree programs.
Tuition Deadlines and Processes
WGU Tennessee students who plan to pay for tuition themselves (self pay), payments or payment arrangements must be completed on the student portal by:
- First-term students: the 22nd day of the month before your program start date.
- Students renewing their term: 1st day of the month (i.e., 1st day of the new term).
Financial Aid and Tuition
Federal financial aid is a useful way to cover some or all of your tuition. If you wish to use this option, you must apply yourself and submit all forms to the WGU Financial Aid Office. Please consider the following deadlines:
- First-term students: New students must complete and submit their Financial Aid Application by the 22nd of the month before your program start date.
- Renewal term: Returning students must complete their financial aid information by the 30th day of the new term.
Paying for Tuition
WGU Tennessee students should submit payments to our parent institution, Western Governors University. The Bursar’s Office accepts cash, checks, web checks/EFT credit cards (Visa, MasterCard, Discover, and American Express) at no additional cost to the student through the online “Make or View Payments” link in the student portal. WGU does not accept post-dated checks. WGU will not hold any check for deposit past the date of the receipt of the check. WGU will not be responsible for any bank fees associated with the deposit of said check.
Consumer Information Guide
All educational institutions participating in federal financial aid programs are required to notify prospective and enrolled students and employees regarding available consumer information. Click on the link below to learn more.Request Info Apply Now