MBA Healthcare Management at WGU Tennessee
This online healthcare MBA will give you great opportunities for advancement. The MBA in Healthcare Management will prepare you with the skills and knowledge necessary to take on highly valued and well-compensated positions in a variety of healthcare-related settings. You will become a valuable asset to this booming industry.
Who the program is for:
- Experienced healthcare professionals looking to leverage an MBA education to advance their careers.
- Qualified professionals looking to break into the healthcare industry as a manager.
- Individuals who can typically spend 15 or more hours per week on their studies.
Your Program of Study
In WGU Tennessee’s online healthcare MBA program, you’ll learn all the essential skills and knowledge needed. This program includes the following areas of study and completion of a capstone project.
- Managing Organizations and Leading People
- Managing Human Capital
- Accreditation Audit
- Global Economics for Managers
- Accounting for Decision Makers
- Ethical Leadership
- Financial Management
- Data-Driven Decision Making
- Service Line Development
Total Program: 36 Competency Units (credit equivalents)
Tuition and Fees
Basic Tuition: $3,250 per six-month term
Resource Fee: $145 per six-month term (non-refundable)
Application Fee: $65 (one time)
At WGU Tennessee, tuition is charged at a flat rate once every six months. Your tuition covers the minimum "full-time load" of competency units (the equivalent to credit hours) 8 CUs is the minimum for graduate students as well as all coursework attempted in that time. For the most part, there is no limit on the number of competency units you can attempt in a 6-month term. Whether you complete more or fewer units, you are charged the same flat rate.
Tuition compares favorably to the rates of Tennessee state universities. Our tuition is also typically half what other online universities charge. At WGU Tennessee, you enjoy the cost savings of a nonprofit university.
Federal financial aid is available to those who qualify. Learn more about financial aid
The WGU Tennessee Advantage
WGU Tennessee leverages Western Governors University’s unique, competency-based approach to education. This approach measures learning, not time spent in class. Your progress is based on your demonstration of essential skills and knowledge in healthcare management.
As a WGU Tennessee student, you’ll receive a top-notch education through a curriculum, learning resources, mentoring, and student services provided by Western Governors University. This means you’ll enjoy the advantages of:
- Superior learning resources. You'll have access to all of Western Governors University’s courses of study, learning modules, e-textbooks, tutorials, and simulations as you complete your program.
- Personal support from a dedicated mentor. You'll have the support of a mentor who will be your guide throughout your WGU Tennessee program.
- Online communities from Tennessee and WGU's national student community. You’ll be able to take advantage of our robust student community and interact with students from both within Tennessee and from all over the country.
- Flexible online degrees that fit your lifestyle. Learning can occur anywhere and anytime. You'll be able to establish the pace at which you complete your rigorous program and create a schedule that works for you.
One of the best values in Tennessee higher education, WGU Tennessee will enable you to earn a relevant degree on your schedule and within your budget.
Time to Completion
How long it takes for you to complete your program will vary. Because WGU Tennessee is competency-based, the pace at which you complete your program depends on how quickly you are able to take and pass the required assessments. Many students are able to proceed faster than the normal pace (described below) designed into each program. But doing so isn’t easy.Standard Time to Completion: 2 years.
Speak to an Enrollment Counselor for a personalized estimate of your time to completion.
WGU Tennessee Admission Process
To enroll in a WGU Tennessee online MBA degree program, you must:
- Be a Tennessee resident and provide proof of residence.
- Possess a bachelor's degree from a regionally or nationally accredited college or university.
- Submit a resume showing at least three years of significant professional experience.