M.S. Management and Leadership
Our online master’s in management will give you the leadership and organizational skills you need for effective change management, strategic management, and developing high-performance teams. The M.S. in Management and Leadership will enhance your ability to manage in dynamic environments such as business, government, nonprofits, or education. With the knowledge gained in courses covering managing human capital, data-driven decision making, and change management and innovation, you’ll be prepared to maximize organizational performance and become a successful leader.
Who the program is for:
- Experienced business professionals and managers seeking upward career mobility and needing the credentials to do so.
- Individuals with “real world” experience who seek in-depth knowledge and skills in leadership and management.
- Individuals who are moving into greater management responsibilities in their organizations and want to enhance their effectiveness.
- Technical managers who need to strengthen their human capital and change management skills.
- Individuals who can typically spend 15 or more hours per week on their studies.
Your Program of Study
In WGU Tennessee's online M.S. in Management and Leadership program, you’ll learn all the essential skills and knowledge needed to be an effective leader. This program includes the following areas of study and completion of a capstone project.
- Managing Organizations and Leading People
- Business Acumen
- Managing Human Capital
- Becoming an Effective Leader
- Management Communication
- Leading Teams
- Ethical Leadership
- Data-Driven Decision Making
- Change Management and Innovation
- Strategic Management
Total Program: 34 Competency Units (credit equivalents)
Tuition and Fees
Basic Tuition: $3,250 per six-month term
Resource Fee: $145 per six-month term (non-refundable)
Application Fee: $65 (one time)
At WGU Tennessee, tuition is charged at a flat rate once every six months. Your tuition covers the minimum "full-time load" of competency units (the equivalent to credit hours) 8 CUs is the minimum for graduate students as well as all coursework attempted in that time. For the most part, there is no limit on the number of competency units you can attempt in a 6-month term. Whether you complete more or fewer units, you are charged the same flat rate.
Tuition compares favorably to the rates of Tennessee state universities. Our tuition is also typically half what other online universities charge. At WGU Tennessee, you enjoy the cost savings of a nonprofit university.
Federal financial aid is available to those who qualify. Learn more about financial aid
The WGU Tennessee Advantage
As part of our partnership with the state of Tennessee, WGU Tennessee leverages Western Governors University’s unique, competency-based approach to education. This approach measures learning, not credit hours. Your progress is based on your demonstration of essential skills and knowledge in strategy and business management.
As a WGU Tennessee student, you'll receive a top-notch master's education through a curriculum, learning resources, mentoring, and student services provided by Western Governors University. This means you’ll enjoy the advantages of:
- Superior learning resources. You'll have access to all of WGU’s courses of study, learning modules, e-textbooks, tutorials, and simulations as you complete your program.
- Personal support from a dedicated mentor. You'll have the support of a mentor who will be your guide throughout your WGU Tennessee program.
- Online communities from Tennessee and WGU's national student community. You’ll be able to take advantage of WGU’s robust student community and interact with students from both within Tennessee and from all over the country.
- Flexible online degrees that fit your lifestyle. Learning can occur anywhere and at any time. You'll be able to establish the pace at which you complete your rigorous program and create a schedule that works for you.
One of the best values in Tennessee higher education, at WGU Tennessee you can expect to earn a relevant degree on your schedule and within your budget.
Time to Completion
How long it takes for you to complete your program will vary. Because WGU Tennessee is competency-based, the pace at which you complete your program depends on how quickly you are able to take and pass the required assessments. Many students are able to proceed faster than the normal pace (described below) designed into each program. But doing so isn’t easy.
Standard Time to Completion: 2 years.
Speak to an Enrollment Counselor for a personalized estimate of your time to completion.
WGU Tennessee Admission Process
To enroll in a WGU Tennessee online master's degree program, you must:
- Be a Tennessee resident and provide proof of residence.
- Possess a bachelor's degree from a regionally or nationally accredited college or university.
- Submit a resume showing at least three years of significant professional experience.